Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please help me with advice/inspiration, to work on my marriage.?

I am having a tough time, been together 20 years, married 15, have had tough time for a long time. He suffers from depression and we just found out recently also high blood pressure and thyroid problem.





I always take easy way out with everything, so when I lose patience, I give up. Then I suffer those consequences and find myself ready to do whatever it takes to make positive changes. I need some kind of scripture help or something to keep me on the right path. Help!!Please help me with advice/inspiration, to work on my marriage.?
Why dont you and your husband go to church. The lord doesnt give you anything you cant handle. God blessPlease help me with advice/inspiration, to work on my marriage.?
not sure what things you are having trouble with but its a good start to want to help your situation.
Wow, this is a tough one. First you must realize that taking the easy road is not always the ';easiest'; even though it looks like the best path to take. You took your vows ';for better or for worse'; did you mean them then? do you mean them now? Has your husband been seeking help for his depression, have you discussed why he is depressed with him? After 20 years why give up now? You obviously love this man and I am sure he loves you deeply to even though he may not express it sometimes. Marriage is sacred and you have managed to stay out of the divorce statistics this long, do you realize over 50% of marriages end in divorce, do you really want to be that statistic? Just because he is depressed doesn't mean you have to sweep all your problems under the rug, be honest with yourself and with him.
The medical things that he suffers from are not his fault. Depression can be helped with meds. He needs to get some from a doctor/therapist. 20 years I commend you on, seems like no one on here wants to stay married anymore. It appears they call come here and ask for our ';permission'; to leave their husbands.





I think you still love your husband, and knowing your past as you do, for once in your life do NOT take the easy way out. Help him get help and support him in it.





You can also go to www.marriagefitness.com its a site that helped me at one point in my life. I wish you the best, but don't throw in the towel, too much time invested for that! For better or worse hun, now take the worse and try to make some good out of it!
best thing to do would be for you both be on the same path or page.. it is hard i know.. hubby and i been together 23 yrs married 13 yrs.. we've had are very low points and very high points.. you can get lonely and bored and all the other stuff that comes with being with that same person for so many yrs.. i have found that we try to talk more and do more things together. we did it early in our lives but then it stopped.. so we had to start that up again. like going away to places and doing things neither of us had done before or together.. that made it fun for us again.. we found that when we spent more time with others too that helped..getting together with friends and laughing and having a good time helps also.. making each other feel more important also helps. there are some good books out there also you might try.. anyway it happens to all of us sometime or another but you do have to stay focused on each other or others will get in the way and then you don't want to end up straying away.... put your best foot forward and i wish you good luck
I know where you are coming from as I have the same struggle in my own marriage - well similar. Just recently I have been thinking about my needs in my marriage and am trying to change the status quo which I am fed up with. I am also organizing for myself an escape plan just in case he won't comply to my demands (and one of them is for him to take anger management councelling - another to work on our marriage with me by going to seminars, having a regular date night, talking to me 15 minutes per day etc.) So far he seems to be doing the work I want him to do. I have been married for 24 years and have three boys. So yeah, sit down and think about what you are needing to happen here, plan an escape route in case it doesn't and pray, pray, pray. It doesn't really matter what scripture - I put mine on 3 by 5 cards and try and memorise one verse everyweek. They are all good. Honestly I feel I am going to get sick if things didn't change in my marriage and my husband would end up a single Dad. I don't want that. See how good God is - I don't usually spend time on the computer at this time of night but I am glad I picked up your question - email me if you like.
Its so hard to live with someone with depression. I know, I have it! Is he on medication? If not, why not? You can also take Herbal Med's over the counter St Johns Wart. But he needs to take them daily to get the full effect. Try going to a movie or making a nice dinner and eating it outside. I know when I am down all I need is for someone to say it's going to be okay and I feel so much better.
IF HE SUFFERS FROM DEPRESSION IS HE ON MEDS? THE BLOOD PRESSURE I KNOW AFFECTS MEN AND MAYBE HE FEELS HE CAN NO LONGER BE A ';MAN'; TO YOU. MAY I SUGGEST RENTING OR BUYING THE TYLER PERRY MOVIE ';WHY DID I GET MARRIED'; AND OR SOME OF HIS PLAYS THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTING. THEY HAVE GOSPEL, COMEDY, AND SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE. YOU MAY SEEK ADVICE FROM YOUR MINISTER OR HIS WIFE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
know things can be tough, i suffer from depression and my partner sometimes thinks she gets rough end of the stick, but Patienceand the love u have for each other should get u through the hard yards

No comments:

Post a Comment